shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

The Start of an Edgier Barefoot Bay Trilogy

Barefoot with a Bodyguard (Barefoot Bay Undercover Book 1) - Roxanne St. Claire

“I never realized that my hands could be good, until I used them to touch you.”

She made a little sound in her throat, biting her lip, glancing down to see his dark, marked hands juxtaposed against her pale skin.

“And I never knew that I could be worthy of anything, until you made me want to be worthy of you.”

Barefoot Bay just got a whole lot edgier. Gabe Rossi (yes, Gabe from the Guardian Angelinos series!) goes undercover to start his own witness protection program for those in need. That’s where our protagonists, Alec and Kate, who have never met, have to pose as a married couple on their honeymoon. Let the fireworks begin…

I was so happy to be back in lovely Barefoot Bay for this new Romantic Suspense spinoff series. As always with Ms. St. Claire’s writing, the emotions ran deep, there was a nice mix of humor with touching moments woven in, and the characters were completely believable to me. As a reader, there is such a connection I feel each time I begin one of her stories. There’s something about the way she crafts the characters honestly, showing not only their strengths but their weaknesses as well. And that was quite evident with Kate and Alec.