shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

On the Rocks is a novel that takes a bad situation, adds some beachy fun, a lot of snark, and a few disastrous dates, to create a story that I just couldn’t put down.

‘Apparently, I couldn’t even give praise to a member of the opposite sex without eliciting some sort of adverse reaction. I should come with a warning label and an epi-pen.’

Oh what fun I had reading this! Erin Duffy’s writing style was just a joy to behold. The chapter titles were hysterical and the situations the characters got themselves into made me read until my eyes were bleary. And although this began on a low note with Abby’s breakup, I thought the theme was really more about friendship, turning the tone of the book much more positive by the ending.

Abby went through so many changes here–some positive, some not so much. I thought this was a pretty honest look into the life of a woman in her thirties who gets thrown back into the dating world.

See the rest of my review here: