shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

‘I’m in so much trouble.’ If she lost her heart to this man, she didn’t know if she’d survive if things didn’t work out, because with Owen it mattered more than it ever had with anyone else.

The McBrides series just keeps getting better and better! I thoroughly enjoyed book one, The Return of Brody McBride, but I liked Falling for Owen even more. I mean…a former bad boy who’s now an attorney fighting for justice, who cherishes his family, yet still has a dirty mouth when around a certain coffee shop owner? Count me in.

I really love Jennifer Ryan’s writing style. It’s clear and concise but still emotionally deep. There’s always just enough of an element of suspense to keep me on my toes and make me read way past my bedtime to find out how the story ends. ;) But it’s the romance that keeps me coming back. Ms. Ryan creates a powerful connection between her protagonists that grows in intensity as the story moves along. I expected it with Brody and Rain’s relationship in book one given their long history. But Owen and Claire surprised me with how perfectly they worked together. Their personalities balanced out quite well and I enjoyed the playfulness they had, especially in light of the serious, scary moments they endured.

See the rest of my review here: