shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

So. Much. Love. And self-reflection. And pain. Giving In is a maelstrom of emotions from beginning to end, which is something I’ve come to love and expect from Maya Banks and her novels.

‘He treated her like she was precious. Breakable. With tenderness she didn’t fully comprehend but that she savored wholly.’

The title of the book is a perfect way to describe Kylie and Jensen’s relationship. They both had to be willing to give in to their emotions, let go of their pasts, and give up control in certain aspects of their lives to make it work. At first it was difficult for me to accept that a dominant personality like Jensen would give up any control, especially in the bedroom. But based on his determination to protect and cherish Kylie, it felt right as the story progressed. And I loved that part, really. How Jensen always spoke reverently about her, putting her needs first. So romantic and completely alpha male.

See the rest of my review here: