shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

“It’s only a matter of time,” he continued. “We both know that. It’s always been a matter of time before you and I ended up in bed together.”

The Burlington Manor Affair is a complex, erotic novel packed with family secrets, betrayal, and unrequited love. It seems only right that it was set in the beautiful English countryside on an estate where the family manor has seen it’s fair share of love and pain.

This was a very interesting piece of women’s fiction to read. The protagonists, Carmen and Rex, were both strong, independent characters who liked control. So to see them finally get a chance to explore their relationship as adults was intriguing and undoubtedly hot. Saying that their relationship growing up and into adulthood was complicated is certainly an understatement. They fought themselves and each other for emotional control which led to impassioned dialogue and power plays with the potential the devastate them. I wasn’t expecting the love scenes to be quite so erotic, so that was a nice surprise. And even though the scenes were very explicit with some light bdsm, it wasn’t done in a crude manner, but instead very passionate and wild.

See my full review here: