shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

‘I worry that he will climb any mountain to stay out of reach of normalcy. That he will always be one step away from me–from us. It scares me because the only future I can see for myself is one with us together.’

Ruin Me is a New Adult novel that is at times cynical, at times hopeful, and which gives us a behind-the-scenes look at what goes on in the fast-paced world of art.

I find that whenever I read a book set in NYC written by someone who has lived there, somehow there is a balance of grittiness and beauty that always comes shining through. And I loved that here it was also mirrored in the comparison of the high-brow world of art galleries and the contrasting underground street artist scene. Our protagonist Lulu was stuck in between these worlds. She grew up amongst the elite in the industry thanks to her parents. But Lulu had been drawn to GoST’s art since the beginning. Her struggle to reconcile both sides of her love for art created tension in all of her relationships unfortunately. Ultimately, though, she finds the balance she needs to grow both personally and professionally.

See my full review here: