shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

“Jess?”
“Yeah?”
“Would you be okay with it if I fell in love with you?”
My heart squeezed and I paused, my mouth a hairbreadth from his, and I took his words, as if I could breathe them into my mouth, my heart, my soul. “Yeah,” I whispered. “I’d be very okay with it.”

Sweet is a New Adult romance that certainly lives up to it’s title. Jessica and Riley’s relationship is, yes, sweet, but also a slow burn that left me completely satisfied by the end.

If you haven’t read book one in the True Believers series, True, no need to worry. It is easy to follow along as we get to know Jess and Riley, although there will be some spoilers as to the relationships forged in True, so beware. I thought Sweet was a very well written love story with a nice flow to the scenes and characters I wanted to know more about. It was an interesting contrast, as well, between Jessica’s family, with her father being a preacher, and Riley’s family, coming from the wrong side of town, and with him taking care of his brothers on his own. I loved that underneath their differences, Jess and Riley were so much more similar than they could have imagined.

See my full review here: