shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

‘She deserved a well of emotion, a man who had a lake’s worth of love to lavish on her. His shriveled heart hadn’t anything like that inside it.’

Take My Breath Away is a great beginning to Christie Ridgway’s new Cabin Fever series. In it, we get to know the Walker siblings who are full of family pride, living in the beautiful mountains of California.

I always seem to enjoy Christie Ridgway’s romances. She’s not afraid give us stories that have some darker edges to it and really make the protagonists earn their Happily-Ever-After. In this case both Poppy and Ryan have been through some tough times. And because of that, they’re kindred spirits…even if they don’t want to get involved through a good portion of the book. I liked how they began to warm up to each other when they were stranded together in a storm. Their relationship was built oh-so slowly, piece by piece, although their attraction was evident from day one. I thought the love scenes were very hot, and I can honestly say buttercream frosting will never be the same again! I also loved that Ryan was able to make Poppy feel feminine again after struggling as a single mom for five years. He was so sweet (most of the time) in his pursuit of her.

See my complete review here: