shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

Hot new Roni Loren novella!!

Nice Girls Don't Ride - Roni Loren
In Nice Girls Don't Ride by Roni Loren, Natalie Bourne has had the day from hell. Usually your twenty-first birthday is a memorable day full of friends and fun. But Natalie has spent it thus far with her car breaking down on the side of the highway next to odorous roadkill, in the Texas heat, and her fancy dinner date with her boyfriend looks like it won't be happening. Not that she can seem to get in touch with him anyway. So when a stunningly hot mechanic stops to offer Natalie assistance, her first reaction is to turn him away. But Monroe proves to be her hero, in more ways than one.

"Well, you, Monroe Hawkins, are a sweet guy."
"Oh, God, please don't let that rumor get out," he says with mock horror. "And maybe this is all still a massive ploy to get you to sleep with me."
I laugh. "Sexual favors in exchange for car repairs?"
"I'm totally not above that kind of bartering system."

Monroe Hawkins knew when he saw gorgeous Natalie on the side of the road, they were probably from different worlds. But that didn't stop him from wanting to help her out. Especially when he finds out her jerk of a boyfriend is leaving her high and dry on her birthday. What begins as a nighttime ride on his motorcycle to show Natalie she can still enjoy her birthday, leaves Monroe willing to do anything to make her his own.

Nice Girls Don't Ride was an intense, sexy, fun novella by the one and only Roni Loren. There was so much I enjoyed about Natalie and Monroe that it's hard to know where to begin.

I can always count on Roni Loren for characters that are well defined and for an interesting, solid plot. Even in this short story, both of those were true. I've also come to expect crazy heat between the protagonists in her books. Let me tell you, Monroe and Natalie had exactly that. I loved that from the moment they first saw each other they couldn't believe how strong their attraction was. There was just no getting around it, and it was what drove the storyline in such an entertaining direction.

And what is it about a bad boy with tattoos, who drives a motorcycle, but who has a good heart underneath all the bravado? Monroe indeed turned out to be the knight in shining armor he and Natalie joked about. (It certainly wasn't her boyfriend Caleb...) I loved that Monroe was thoughtful enough to help Natalie turn what had been a horrible day -- her birthday, no less -- into one of the most memorable nights of her life. They had a sweet and fun vibe between them that was a joy to read about. My only complaint? I didn't want it to end! Seriously...I'd love to see a follow up story on what happens to them in the future.

Love a hot & steamy story about a bad boy who saves a good girl? Look no further than Nice Girls Don't Ride.