shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

Heartbreakingly Raw. Breathtakingly Poignant.

The Five Stages of Falling in Love - Rachel Higginson

Have your tissues ready for this one, ladies. There won’t be a dry eye left after reading about Liz–a mother of four and new widow–as she struggles to fight her way out of the all-consuming grief over losing her husband, and reconcile her feelings of unexpectedly finding new love.

‘One part would forever stay with Grady, loyal to my first love and my husband. The other part ran to Ben, to this new love.’

Breathtaking. The Five Stages of Falling in Love was simply a breathtaking novel. Author Rachel Higginson did a fabulous job describing the myriad of emotions someone goes through after the loss of a loved one. There was such honesty in how she presented Liz’s feelings and thoughts. The emotions were raw, oftentimes painful, but with some moments of happiness and joy. But regardless of the emotion, we readers were right there with Liz, digging in with her while she traversed each part of her tough journey.