shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

Not an Easy Read, But an Important Work of Fiction

The Nightingale - Kristin Hannah

The Nightingale is an impressive work of historical fiction. This is the tale of two sisters on different paths, both of whom had to make devastating choices to keep themselves and their loved ones safe during World War II, and the consequences rendered by those decisions.

‘I know now what matters, and it is not what I have lost. It is my memories. Wounds heal. Love lasts. We remain.’

I feel I have to start off by saying that this novel is very important. It shows the courage of how two women survived against all odds during a time when the depravity of a large group took over many countries, including France. It also shows us how women played a significant role in helping to overcome enemy forces and win the war. However, this is NOT an easy book to read. Not just on an emotional level, even though Isabelle and Viann’s story left me drained and completely at a loss for a while.