shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

Great Emotional Storytelling and Some Serious Cultural Charm

The Bollywood Bride - Sonali Dev

The Bollywood Bride was a romance filled with lush detail, culture, and the bonds of friendship where we learned firsthand how one woman’s sacrifice changed not only her life, but that of her family and loved ones as well.

‘She was a ticking time bomb and he was angry enough to be her fuse. And together they were a tragedy waiting to repeat itself.’

This novel was a full-fledged new experience for me as I’ve only read a couple of books about Indian culture previously. I’ve certainly never read one so intricately explained, plus having it set in both India and America was a nice twist. The sense of family during the scenes in Chicago while Ria’s cousin Nikhil and his fiance Jen were preparing for their traditional wedding ceremonies was so comforting. And all of the festivities? Magical. The dancing, the food, the traditional clothing and even the wreath ceremony was breathtakingly detailed.