shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

Kickass Western Historical Romance

This Gun for Hire - Jo Goodman

“Here it is, Calico, the truth. If I kiss you now, it won’t end there. Not this time. I don’t mind if you take me for a gentleman, buy you should not mistake me for a saint.”

This Gun For Hire was an action-packed, kickass western historical romance that had everything a girl could want: a good guy with just a hint of mystery and trouble surrounding him, an independent, brave heroine with a quick wit, and a mystery to figure out.

So. Much. Fun. This was my first Jo Goodman book (I know, right?) and I can absolutely see what all the acclaim and fuss is about. Right from the start I was knocked out by the quick back-and-forth between Calico and Quill. Their scenes together made me laugh with Calico’s attitude and with Quill’s inability to lie. Their lively bantering continued throughout the book, making this an absolute breeze to read. Actually, all of the dialogue was very well-written and fitting of the time period.