shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

Touching & Poignant, This Will Leave You Emotionally Raw

The Day We Met - Rowan Coleman

‘Everything I attempt is fraught with the possibility of failure. And yet I am still me, at the moment. My mind is still me. When will the day come that I am not me anymore?’

The Day We Met took me on an emotional roller coaster ride while I commiserated along with Claire, Greg, Ruth, and Caitlin. They all had to come to terms with the devastating disease that was overtaking a fiercely independent and brilliant woman in the prime of her life.

“I think it’s love that lasts. It’s love that remembers us. It’s love that is left, when we are gone.”

Originally titled The Memory Book and released in the UK in 2014, I thought author Rowan Coleman did a fantastic job of giving us readers an honest take on how Alzheimer’s Disease affects families. This is a novel filled with extreme highs and lows, in terms of emotions and events. There were scenes that took my breath away with their beauty and poignancy, and then there were awkward, heartbreaking scenes that made me sad and almost uncomfortable with their realism.