shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

Two Tropes in One: Brother's Best Friend + Boss/Employee Romance

Riverbend Road (Haven Point) - RaeAnne Thayne

Riverbend Road was another stellar contemporary romance from one of my go-to authors, RaeAnne Thayne. Pairing a brother’s best friend AND an employee/boss trope together–with a thread of mystery added in for good measure–this hit all of the bells and whistles I look for in a solid story.

‘She was his officer, which made her completely off-limits. Beyond that, she was his best friend’s little sister and the daughter of the man responsible for everything good and right in Cade’s life.’

For some reason I can never fully explain why I always seem to connect with each of Thayne’s characters. Maybe it’s the realistic manner in which she writes, with down to earth characters who have to work hard to earn their HEA. Or maybe it’s that she focuses on life in small towns which definitely resonates with me. Whatever it is, each book I’ve read in the Haven Point series has captured my attention and my heart. Riverbend Road was no exception.