shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

Small Town Romance: Gena Showalter-Style

The One You Want (Original Heartbreakers) - Gena Showalter

“You do not walk to your car at night, alone, ever again. It’s dangerous, and I won’t allow you to put yourself in harm’s way. If I find out you have, the lecture will become a spanking.”
She couldn’t help it. She smiled. “Is that what you’re into?”

If the first book (or in this case, novella) normally sets the tone for a series, then we are in for a hot & steamy, emotionally-charged good time with the Original Hearbreakers.

I’ve enjoyed reading Gena Showalter’s paranormal novels over the years and was hoping her writing style would mesh well with the contemporary romance genre in this new series. I thought this was a pretty good starting point. The blend of humor and passion I normally expect was certainly evident. But with this being a short story, the scenes and the backstory were not as detailed as I’m used to. I’m hoping with the upcoming full length books we will delve a bit more into some of the loose ends left here.