shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

Antagonistic Office Romance Done Right

The Hating Game: A Novel - Sally Thorne

‘I love the energy we create between us when we banter like this. It’s the most intense sensation of pleasure, knowing he’ll always have the perfect response ready.’

The Hating Game turned out to be quite a lovely adventure. It evolved from a tense, almost hateful relationship between co-workers to a fun, sexy romance that had one of the sweetest most swoon-worthy endings ever. Not bad for a debut novel, right?

‘I stare at the ceiling and admit the astonishing truth to myself.
I don’t hate Joshua Templeman.’

I have to first say that this was an impressive offering from a first-time author. I really loved Sally Thorne’s storytelling ability and her overall writing style. It was modern, emotionally rich, age-appropriate for the characters, and just had me captivated from page one. And I’m totally serious when I said that we went on an adventure here. This was a narrative from Lucy’s witty POV, so we basically evolved with her as she worked through her emotions and grew tremendously as an individual.