shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

A Historical with Smoldering Passion and Witty Conversations

The Art of Sinning - Sabrina Jeffries

The Art of Sinning was an absolutely charming historical romance from Sabrina Jeffries. Our hero and heroine’s relationship began with a battle of wits (okay, that part never stopped!) and eventually became equal parts smoldering passion and tender romance.

“Ah, my pretty wanton, you inflame me,” he breathed against her lips. “I could taste and touch you for hours. You’re so damned lovely.”
…This was how seduction began. A woman fell in love with the feelings and forgot herself. It was dangerous, close to the edge…alarming. She must stop this.

What a great way to start off a new series. With ties to The Duke’s Men, another of Jeffries’ series, this introduces us to a whole new cast. The focus here was Jeremy Keane and Lady Yvette Barlow who may have seemed to be an unlikely pair but they were very well-suited. I loved that there was much more depth to both of these characters than you would assume.