shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

A Pleasant Regency Romance

Why Do Dukes Fall in Love? - Megan Frampton

Why Do Dukes Fall in Love was an absolute pleasure to read. Author Megan Frampton kept me chuckling, had me smirking over Michael’s attitude (and attitude adjustments–courtesy of Edwina) and of course rooting this couple on to find a way to make their romance work.

“…It isn’t practical, you said that yourself. I should find a woman of my own class who can fit into my world. But I don’t want to. I don’t want to live in my world without you. I want to make my world one where you are. All the time.”

The Dukes Behaving Badly series has been highly entertaining so far. And this latest installment gave us another rather offbeat hero and a strong-minded heroine to keep him in line. I loved watching how Michael changed after Edwina and Gertrude entered his life. He was a great example of a grumbly, set in his ways, antisocial aristocrat who definitely had a good heart underneath all the arrogance.