shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

This Book Is Why I Love Brenda Novak's Writing

The Secrets She Kept - Brenda Novak

This. This book right here is why I love Brenda Novak’s writing so much! Flawed, wounded, but absolutely likable characters. A complicated, twisting & turning plot that kept me guessing till the end. A second chance romance. Intrigue. Family drama. The Secrets She Kept seriously had it all.

‘One had to know Josephine Lazarow to understand just how narcissistic and controlling she could be. That was why Nancy couldn’t hold any of his actions–including what he’d done to her–against him. She’d been close enough to see his pain.’

First of all, you can read this novel as a standalone title pretty easily where much of what happened in book one, The Secret Sister, is recapped here. But I think readers will love this so much that they’ll end up reading book one anyway. And it’s totally worth it. I think it sets up book two and gives readers a bigger view as to the Lazarow family’s tumultuous background, explaining the struggles Keith, Maisey and Rocki faced through their childhood and as adults.