shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

Three Sisters. Three Very Different Lives.

Me and My Sisters - Sinead Moriarty

‘The other thing I’ve learnt over the last year is how important family is. I wouldn’t have got through it without my sisters. …The three of us have overcome big obstacles this year and have survived, bruised and battered, but the better for it.’

Me and My Sisters was an in-depth look at three sisters as they each struggled to fight their way through a year of monumental changes and life-altering decisions. We in turn got to see the good, the bad, and the comical through all three unique points of view.

I really loved the format of this book as well as the realistic way the sisterhood bond was described. The chapters alternated between Julie, Louise, and Sophie’s personal journey which included how they felt not only about their own situation but also how they thought their sisters were handling their lives. I thought author Sinéad Moriarty showed things in a believable light, with the three women being at odds sometimes and lending a helping hand other times. It’s a complicated thing, for sure, being a sister.