shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

An Epic End to the Survivors' Club Series

Only Beloved (A Survivors' Club Novel) - Mary Balogh

The final full-length novel in The Survivors’ Club series definitely lived up to my expectations. And then some. George and Dora carried us readers along on their touching journey as they conquered past issues and opened up a whole new wonderful chapter in their lives, as a couple.

“But life is as it is. We never know what twists and turns it will take or what hand we will be dealt. It is what we do with the unexpected and with that hand that shows our mettle.”

Mary Balogh has become one of my favorite Historical Romance writers and this series is the reason why. Every book can be read as a standalone, but I think readers will get so much more out of the experience if they read them all. Especially with this final installment, Only Beloved, as we got to see the other Survivors through George’s patient eyes. The writing was beautifully done, explaining and detailing every potent emotion George and Dora worked through before and after their trip down the aisle.