shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

Utter. Perfection.

Appealed - Emma Chase

Utter. Perfection. Appealed was a smart story written in the funny, in-your-face male POV I adore from Emma Chase while still including genuine emotion, touching moments and a solid plot. Plus it was a second chance romance. How can it not be good, right?

“What if the reason I’ve never let myself fall in love with a woman is because I didn’t have anything to give? Because I’d already given my heart to her when we were seventeen years old? And all these years…I’ve just been waiting for her to come back to me with it.”

I always have a ball reading Emma Chase’s books but there was something about Brent and Kennedy that just clicked for me. Maybe it was the whole in-love-with-the-girl-next-door vibe. Or maybe it was Brent’s awesome attitude after overcoming the loss of his leg. Perhaps it was the bit of a geeky side he hid under the suave attorney persona. Or maybe it was how Kennedy didn’t let Brent get away with anything. (And I mean anything!) But I’m thinking it was all of those parts combined that created the magic that was Appealed.