shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

A Second Chance Paranormal Romance

Midnight's Kiss (A Novel of the Elder Races) - Thea Harrison

“You’re delusional if you think I would ever let you take me again, after the way you’ve treated me. You see this?” With her free hand, she waved her fingers in the air down the length of her torso as she shook her head. “I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. You’re neeevvver getting this goodness again.”

…As his fangs descended and his eyes flashed red, he told her, “We’ll see about that, princess. We’ll see."

Vampyres and other fantasical creatures are plentiful in this fast-paced paranormal romance from Thea Harrison. Be ready for a second chance at romance when Julian and Melisande join forces to defeat a threat to their people, and their own lives, as well.

This being book eight in the Elder Races series, it left me at a disadvantage when I began reading. It admittedly took me a little bit to figure out the worldscape and the characters, but once I did, I was hooked. I was impressed with the intelligent way Ms. Harrison wrote not only her characters, but also the detailing of each scene and how the story continued to build until the conclusion.