shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

Quirky & Sweet Contemporary Western Romance

How Meg West Was Won - Libby Mercer

Quirky and sweet, with a fun Western theme that is sure to please romance fans, How Meg West Was Won kept me entertained and wondering how things would ever work out for Dutch and Meg. But work out, it did! And in a super romantic way that fit the couple perfectly.

‘Well, if the fact that he was a slightly sexist, gun-toting (probably) cowboy who enjoyed a big, juicy steak every night (probably) wasn’t enough to douse any spark of attraction she might have for him, this certainly was. He was a dog person. The two of them could never work.’

This was actually my first time reading Libby Mercer’s work. (I know!) And after falling head over heels for this opposites-attract couple, I know I’ll be checking out more of her books. I think what I enjoyed most here was the balance of a fast paced, fun, modern story with how each character had such nice emotional depth. It wasn’t just a lighthearted romance, although it certainly was that in part.