shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

Eve, Roarke & Crew Take a Wild Ride in This Installment

Apprentice in Death - J.D. Robb

‘She’d expected another strike, but to have it hit under twenty-four hours from the first… A pattern, an agenda. Maybe a fricking mission. Killers on a mission didn’t stop until they’d completed it.’

Apprentice in Death was a nonstop, thrill-a-minute wild ride where Lieutenant Eve Dallas found herself matching wits with two warped criminals. With a city at risk, the media screaming for answers, and the situation rapidly escalating, Eve had her hands full…and a target on her back.

I seriously don’t know how J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts) does it. This is book forty-three in the series and it is just as on-point and every bit as fresh and exciting as anything else I’ve read by her. Not only was this a complicated plot full of intriguing twists and turns, but it felt like the characters this time around, especially Eve, Roarke and Peabody, were all hitting their stride and in the prime of their careers.