shygirl

Shygirl: Reading After Midnight

I will read anything I can get my hands on. Seriously.

Nine of Stars: A Wildlands Novel
Laura Bickle
Primal Heat: A Paranormal Shapeshifter Werejaguar Romance (The Shadow Shifters)
A.C. Arthur

‘Looking at her, I know what we have will last a lifetime. She’s everything I have ever wanted and more. To think I almost lost her still scares the shit out of me.’

Torn, the second offering in the Connections series by Kim Karr, is an emotionally charged new adult novel full of drama, music, and the hope for lasting love.

I would say Torn is a pretty apt name for Dahlia and River’s continued story. They are both being pulled in different directions: Dahlia with the reappearance of someone important from her past, and River with his reluctance to go on tour. There were a lot of moments when information that had been withheld, mostly on River’s part, came to light and threatened to put a wedge between them. Miscommunication, and even lack of communication, plays a huge role in the drama here. But when things are right between Dahlia & River…boy, is it right. And hot! They have a bond that is very strong that definitely gets tested over and over this time around. And the music. *sigh* I loved the way Ms Karr incorporated music into the chapter titles, the scenes, and wrapped the character’s emotions around certain songs.

See the rest of my review here: